FKEC has expanded the rebate program to run year round and members will be awarded rebates only by meeting the criteria set forth by the cooperative.
Through the program members can obtain rebates (up to $500 maximum per member per calendar year) for completing qualifying, energy efficient upgrades and improvements at their homes. The purpose of the program is to encourage members to invest in decreasing their energy consumption to benefit the environment.
FKEC offers rebates ranging from $25 to $500 with a maximum rebate of $500 per member per calendar year in order to extend participation to as many members as possible. Rebates are given to members on a first-come, first-served basis.
PDF documents include each rebate’s complete list of rules and application.
- Central A/C Rebate (PDF) — 30% up to $500.00 – SEER 16 or more
- Ductless Mini Split A/C Rebate (PDF) — 30% up to $400.00 – SEER 18 or more
- Room A/C Rebate (PDF) — 30% up to $100.00 – EER 10.5 or more
- Window Replacement Rebate — 10% of replacement cost or up to $500.00
- Insulation Rebate (PDF) — 30% up to $300.00
- Window Film or Solar Screen Rebate (PDF) — 100% up to $200.00
- Caulk/Weather-stripping Rebate (PDF) — 100% up to $100.00
- Cool/Reflective Roof Coating Rebate (PDF) — $25.00 per 5 gallon bucket
How to Get a Rebate
- Call FKEC at 305-852-2431 to check rebate availability. Rebates may be limited, and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Install any of FKEC’s rebate options (see available rebates listed above).
- Submit request form(s) within sixty days of purchase/installation. Be sure to include your contractor’s paid receipt or your item receipt(s).
- FKEC will advise if on-site verification is required.
- Receive your rebate as a credit on your next electric bill(s). Rebates will be awarded as bill credits only.
Frequently Asked Questions
Only FKEC residential members of record may qualify for rebates.
Yes, members can apply for more than one rebate. For example, if you buy a qualified, energy efficient room A/C unit and insulation, you can apply for rebates for both items. Remember, the maximum rebate is $500 per member.
Yes, as long as it’s your primary residence and is located in FKEC’s service territory.
Rebates are valid only on qualified energy efficient improvements made to existing residential homes and DO NOT apply to new construction.
No. You can only apply for rebates on your primary residence in FKEC’s service territory.
FKEC has expanded the rebate program to run year round and members will be awarded rebates only by meeting the criteria set forth by the cooperative. FKEC reserves the right to disallow any rebate request and to terminate the program at any time without cause.