FKEC sorts and mulches tree trimmings after clearing power lines and will deliver it for free at any Co-op member’s request.
This type of mulch is different from store-bought mulch, which is treated and made from one kind of tree. The quality and consistency of the mulch offered by FKEC varies considerably depending on the types of trees and leaves removed during the tree work. This mulch is not recommended for aesthetic use.
FKEC recommends this mulch for
- Maintain moisture around trees
- Maintain soil temperature
- Reduce weeds and grasses
- Provide nutrients to the soil
- Reduce wind erosion from uncovered soils.
Important facts about mulch delivery
- Only FKEC Members may submit a request
- Each truck load is approximately 15 cubic yards of loose un-bagged mulch (equivalent to about 25 wheelbarrows or 130 bags of store-bought mulch)
- If requesting delivery to a vacant lot (with no meter) proof of ownership must be provided.
- FKEC cannot provide a specific “delivery date”. If you have an immediate need for mulch, we suggest contacting a local tree contractor who may be able to accommodate you sooner.
- FKEC cannot guarantee loads do not contain palm fronds or poisonwood, although our crews do their best to keep the loads “clean”.
- FKEC is not responsible for any insects that may appear after delivery. (Fleas and ticks do not live in trees. If they appear after delivery they were most likely stirred up by the mulch not brought in with it)
- FKEC will not remove or relocate a load of mulch once it has been delivered.
To request a mulch delivery you must provide the following information:
- Member’s name (as it appears on your FKEC billing statement)
- FKEC Account Number
- FKEC Service Address
- Email address (not required if ordering by phone)
- Member’s daytime phone number(s)
- Provide a brief description of the desired location on the property where you would like our crews to drop the load of mulch
- Note: In addition, the desired “drop spot” must be clearly marked (i.e. a flag, stick, paint, tarp, etc.)
Call (305) 852-2431 to request a Mulch Delivery, or use our online form below.