- Applying for service with FKEC is easily accomplished by choosing the following option that works best for you:
- Online: Simply complete the online membership application below and an FKEC customer service representative will review your application and contact you by email or phone to complete the process.
- Walk-in: We love meeting new members. You can visit either of our area offices and apply in person from 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday. The Tavernier office is located at 91630 Overseas Highway. The Marathon office is located at 3421 Overseas Hwy.
- Phone: Call us at (305) 852-2431 to request the necessary documents via email or US Mail.
Application for Membership
- Please note: You do not need to be present at the service location when the power is turned on however, by requesting service from FKEC you are granting 24 hour access to your meter for meter reading, maintenance, and emergencies. It's imperative our personnel have a clear and unrestricted path for access to the meter at all times including the need for gate codes, combinations, and/or keys for locked gates.
Florida Sales Tax Exemption
The State of Florida does not charge sales tax for residential household use. By signing this residential service application, applicant(s) declare that the use of electricity is exclusively for residential use and will not serve any commercial or business activities. If the usage changes, applicant(s) understand is is their responsibility to notify FKEC.
Applicant(s) shall defend, indemnify, and hold FKEC harmless from any assessment, penalty, interest, or taxes claimed by the State of Florida relating to sales taxes that should have been paid by the applicants(s).
Let's get started!
Please allow 1 business day to process your request
MM slash DD slash YYYY
Account Holder Information
Primary Account Holder Information
Joint Account Holder Information
Your Mailing Address
Outage Texting Service
Would you like to have the ability to send and receive text notifications regarding power outages for this account location to the cell phone number you've entered above?
Address Where You Would Like to Activate Service
Applicants are automatically enrolled in FKEC’s Operation Round-Up Program. By "rounding up" your electric bill payment to the next dollar each month, our Member’s make a big difference with small change in the Florida Keys.
Billing Deposit and Fees
- Residential Service Deposit Policy
We accept Electronic Checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover
- Billing Deposit = $150.00
- Connection fee = $50.00
Please complete the remainder of this form. Once the form has been processed, an FKEC Customer Service Representative will contact you by email to confirm the account details and provide instructions for you to pay the deposit and the connection fee with your Credit or Debit Card via our website or Secure Pay-By-Phone system. Payment is required in order to complete the request for new service.
The Florida Keys Electric Cooperative Assoc, Inc. (FKEC) wants to ensure that your credit card information is protected. In order to adhere with worldwide standards set by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) we are unable to accept credit/debit card account information on our online forms. The standards were created to increase controls around cardholder data to reduce credit card fraud via its exposure.
Automatic Payment Program
By enrolling in FKEC's Automatic Payment Program you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You authorize FKEC to electronically debit the account specified for payment of your monthly electric bill each month on its due date;
- If any payment is declined, returned, or otherwise unpaid for any reason with or without cause, and any amounts due are not paid in accordance with the FKEC rules and regulations, electric service to your account(s) may be subject to penalties and/or disconnection;
- Any returned or otherwise unpaid transactions may result in your account(s) being removed from this Automatic Payment Program;
- It is your responsibility to notify FKEC with any changes to your banking information;
- It is your responsibility to notify FKEC if you wish to discontinue participation in the Automatic Payment Program at least three business days prior to your due date.
You may request a credit inquiry that could waive the residential billing deposit of $150.00. Would you like us to perform a credit inquiry that will not affect your credit report?
For joint accounts, both the Applicant and Co-Applicant are subject to credit approval.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.