- Applying for service with FKEC is easily accomplished by choosing the following option that works best for you:
- Online: Simply complete the online membership application below and an FKEC customer service representative will review your application and contact you by email or phone to complete the process.
- Walk-in: We love meeting new members. You can visit either of our area offices and apply in person from 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday. The Tavernier office is located at 91630 Overseas Highway. The Marathon office is located at 3421 Overseas Hwy.
- Phone: Call us at (305) 852-2431 to request the necessary documents via email or US Mail.
Application for Membership
In order to proceed with this online application you must FIRST obtain a commercial account billing deposit quote. Please contact a Consumer Account Representative at (305) 852-2431 or (800) 858-8845 from 8am-5pm, Monday thru Friday. Commercial Service Deposit Policy.
Please note: All new temporary or permanent service accounts require written approval from the appropriate city or county building official before the installation of the new service can be scheduled. You do not need to be present at the service location when the power is turned on however, by requesting service from FKEC you are granting 24 hour access to your meter for meter reading, maintenance, and emergencies. It's imperative our personnel have a clear and unrestricted path for access to the meter at all times including the need for gate codes, combinations, and/or keys for locked gates.
Let's get started!
Please allow 1 business day to process your request
MM slash DD slash YYYY
Account Holder Information
MM slash DD slash YYYY
Primary Account Holder Information
Joint Account Holder Information
Your Mailing Address
Would you like to have the ability to send and receive text notifications regarding power outages for this account location to the cell phone number you've entered above?
Address Where You Would Like to Activate Service
Applicants are automatically enrolled in FKEC’s Operation Round-Up Program. By "rounding up" your electric bill payment to the next dollar each month, our Member’s make a big difference with small change in the Florida Keys.
Billing Deposit and Fee
We accept Electronic Checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover
- Billing Deposit = To Be Determined
- Temporary Service fee = $350.00 (includes the fee for temporary to permanent service)
- Permanent Service fee = $300.00
Please complete the remainder of this form. Once the form has been processed, an FKEC Customer Service Representative will contact you by email to confirm the account details and provide instructions for you to pay the deposit and the connection fee with your Credit or Debit Card via our website or Secure Pay-By-Phone system. Payment is required in order to complete the request for new service.
The Florida Keys Electric Cooperative Assoc, Inc. (FKEC) wants to ensure that your credit card information is protected. In order to adhere with worldwide standards set by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) we are unable to accept credit/debit card account information on our online forms. The standards were created to increase controls around cardholder data to reduce credit card fraud via its exposure.
Amount below to include the deposit quoted and appropriate service fee
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.