Available Rebates | Five Steps to Rebate | FKEC
Rebate FAQ | Rebate Program Packet
FKEC 2018 Temporary Rebate Program is CLOSED
On March 1, 2018 FKEC once again allotted $75,000 to fund a residential rebate program. The program ended on June 15 when those funds were depleted. FKEC looks forward to continuing the rebate program in 2019.
While available, members could obtain rebates (up to $500 maximum per member) for completing qualifying, energy efficient upgrades and improvements at their homes. The purpose of the program is to encourage members to make an investment in decreasing their energy consumption to benefit the environment and yield a return on their electric bill.
FKEC offered rebates ranging from $25 to $500 with a maximum rebate of $500 per member in order to extend participation to as many members as possible. Rebates were given to members on a first-come first-serve basis.
Click to download each rebate's complete list of rules and application
- Central A/C Rebate (30% up to $500.00 – SEER 16 or more)
- Ductless Mini Split A/C Rebate (30% up to $350.00 – SEER 18 or more)
- Room A/C Rebate (30% up to $100.00 – EER 10.5 or more)
- Solar Water Heating (not for pool/spa heating – 30% up to $500.00)
- Insulation Rebate (30% up to $250.00)
- Window Film or Solar Screen Rebate (100% up to $250.00)
- Caulk/Weather-stripping Rebate (100% up to $100.00)
- Cool/Reflective Roof Coating Rebate ($25.00 per 5 gallon bucket)
Five Steps to Rebate Rewards
- Call FKEC to check rebate availability. Rebates are limited, and awarded on a first-come first-served basis.
- Install any of FKEC’s rebate options (see available rebates listed above).
- Submit request form(s) within sixty days of purchase/installation.
Be sure to include your contractor's paid receipt or your item receipt(s).
- FKEC conducts on-site verification.
- RECEIVE YOUR REBATE as a credit on your next electric bill(s).
Rebates will be awarded as bill credits only.
FKEC Rebate Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply for a rebate?
Only FKEC residential members of record may qualify for rebates.
Can I apply for more than one rebate?
Yes, members can apply for more than one rebate. For example, if you buy a qualified, energy efficient room A/C unit and insulation, you can apply for rebates for both items. Remember, the maximum rebate is $500 per member.
Can the rebate be applied to the home I’m renting?
Yes, as long as it’s your primary residence and is located in FKEC’s service territory.
Will rebates be available for new homes?
Rebates are valid only on qualified energy efficient improvements made to existing residential homes and DO NOT apply to new construction.
If I own more than one home in FKEC’s service territory, am I eligible for rebates on all my homes?
No. You can only apply for rebates on your primary residence in FKEC’s service territory.
How long will the rebate program last?
Rebates will be given to members on a first-come first-served basis and will only last until the programs $75,000 allotment is depleted.