1. Bill Mailed is the date from which you have 20 days to pay your bill. Bills paid 20 days after the ‘Bill Mailed’ date are considered delinquent and subject to late fees and disconnection.
2. Phone Number(s) Please make sure FKEC always has your current telephone number(s), including cell phones. Phone numbers are used by our automated outage reporting system to pinpoint the location of problems.
3. Daily System Access Charge is a “service availability charge” to cover the costs involved in having power available to each active meter.
4. Energy Charge of $0.033 per kilowatt hour helps FKEC cover the expenses involved in delivering energy to each account. Effective November 2015, the first 1,000 kWh of electricity usage each month is not subject to an energy charge.
5. Power Cost is the cost of power purchased from FPL, our primary supplier of electricity. It is passed directly to members with no mark-up or add-on, and varies monthly.
6. Equity Charge is a formula rate rider that is adjusted annually, either positive or negative, to help FKEC attain the optimum margins needed to properly maintain the system to provide safe reliable power.
7. Outdoor Lighting Charge is the cost if you ordered an outdoor light.
8. Outdoor Lighting Sales Tax is Florida state sales tax for outdoor light rental.
9. Gross Receipt Tax is a 2.563% tax assessed to every bill from the state of Florida.
10. Operation Round-Up® is a voluntary program that “rounds up” your electric bill up to the next whole dollar, and gives100% of all funds raised to those in need.
11. Total Due/Delinquent Date Members not enrolled in our automatic payment program will see a delinquent date printed under the total due.