Before the Power Goes Out
- Make sure FKEC has your current phone numbers. FKEC’s phone system automatically matches your phone number to your electrical equipment. For faster restoration, make sure the number(s) you are most likely to call from to report an outage are registered to your account. Update your on file phone number online or call (305) 852-2431
- Make sure FKEC can access your meter equipment. To make repairs FKEC must have 24 hour access to your meter.
- If your power goes out, check your breakers first. Approximately 33% of all power outages are caused by breaker issues, which are the responsibility of the member to resolve.
- Report the outage by calling or texting. Call (305) 852-2431 or Text 451-83 to report your outage.
- Track the status of a power outage online. Visit our Live Outage Viewer to check the restoration status of an outage.
Decrease Outage Time by Following These Steps
- If you experience a power outage, please check your fuse box or breaker panel before calling FKEC. Approximately 33% of power outages are breaker issues and should be solved by the homeowner. By checking your breaker panel first, you can minimize your outage time and avoid a possible “false outage call” service fee.
- Check your breaker panel or fuse box. A blown fuse or tripped breaker can be the cause of the outage.
- If your fuses and circuit breakers are fine and it is possible, see if your neighbors are also without power. This will help our linemen know if it is just your service or perhaps a main breaker.
- If you cannot restore your power by resetting the circuit breaker, call us at (305) 852-2431 or (800) 858-8845or via text.
- FKEC restores power as quickly and as safely as possible.
Other FKEC Resources